You and your home – partnership with UK Power Networks
The You and Your Home Project is run by Citizens Advice Ipswich for UK Power Networks and can help you with the following:
- Check your benefits, pension and tax credits to make sure that you are getting everything you are entitled to.
- Offer support and advice with managing your money and/or finding the best tariff for your energy.
- Talk to those to whom you owe money and try to set up affordable repayments or explore debt options
- Offer budgeting advice and information on making your money go further.
- Explore ECO Schemes that might support you to obtain a new boiler, cavity wall or loft insulation.
Helping Older People in Suffolk Stay Warm and Healthy This Winter
Unbelievable as it may sound, an average of 347 vulnerable people in Suffolk have died each year (2011-2014) from causes directly attributable to the cold and poor living conditions. The vast majority affected are over 65 years old.
This is the tip of the iceberg – almost 30,000 households in Suffolk live in fuel poverty. Many suffer in silence during the coldest months, often hidden from view, withdrawn from the world around.