Ipswich Citizens Advice is an independent, community-based charity staffed largely by volunteers who provide free, confidential, independent and impartial advice to everybody regardless of race, gender, disability or sexuality. Its aims are:
- to ensure that individuals do not suffer through lack of knowledge of their rights and responsibilities, or of the services available to them, or through an inability to express their needs effectively.
- to exercise a responsible influence on the development of social policies and services both locally and nationally.
We are seeking someone who can offer the skills relevant to financial oversight of a small bureau (with an annual budget of approx. £300,000). We require a treasurer who can demonstrate commitment and integrity in advising the board on the financial health of the organisation. Responsibilities include presentation of the management accounts at board meetings, and advising on the corrective action that may be required when difficulties arise.
So if: –
- You want to help the community where you study, live or work?
- You believe in social justice and want to help change things for the better?
- You want to make sure you and your neighbours get the advice you need now and in the future?
- You have skills that you can put to other uses?
- You want to get involved in running a small but influential and important charity?
Please consider joining us.
We can offer you opportunities that you might not be able to get elsewhere: –
- Developing new skills.
- Personal development.
- Learning how an organisation works.
- Giving something back to their community.
Ipswich Citizens Advice is a voluntary organisation. All volunteers are fully trained and supported by a paid staff structure.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strive to achieve diversity in all that we do.
For more information or an informal discussion on the role, please contact:
Email: via the contact form on this site.
Postal address: 19 Tower Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 3BE
Telephone number: 01473 219770