Advice • Law and Rights

At Citizens Advice Ipswich we can help you gain access to justice, advise you on your entitlements under the community legal service; we can help you pursue compensation for accidents and injuries and give advice and guidance about going to court.

We can also give advice on many aspects of immigration such as: European free movement, visitor visas, fiance(e)/spouse visas, student visas, settlement visas, work permits, points based system, immigration status, welfare benefits, asylum seekers and refugees.

We are able to offer limited (OISC Level 1) advice and can refer you to external specialist advice where appropriate.

We press for improvements in legal services and immigration law by using our knowledge of how people are affected by the current rules.


Where can I find out more about my civil rights?

Can I find out more about the legal system?

Is there some help available for immigration problems?

Can I find out more about my rights in society?

Alternative advice categories can be found on the drop down advice menu above.