Advice • Relationships

At Citizens Advice Ipswich we can advise you on all aspects regarding the family, including: separation and divorce, maintenance and child support, parents’ rights and responsibilities, birth and adoption, change of name, what to do when someone dies.

We press for improvements in family law by using our knowledge of how people are affected by the current rules.


Can I find out more about living together, marriage and civil partnership?

How does one end a relationship?

Where can a victim of gender violence get information and help?

What help is there concerning children and young people?

Can I get information on help when I am looking after people?

How do I get information on what to do when a family member dies?

Is there information on birth certificates or changing one’s name?

Can I get more detailed information online?

Alternative advice categories can be found on
the drop down advice menu above.