Connect for Health
Connect for Health Team Leader
Social prescribing aims to improve an individual’s wellbeing by recognising
that their overall health can be negatively affected by a range of non-medical
factors, such as social isolation & loneliness, financial concerns, housing issues,
lack of support in preparing to re-enter the working environment, and understanding
eligibility for and accessing welfare benefits. Support for many of these challenges
is often available from local Voluntary, Community, or Social Enterprise (VCSE) groups,
although many are unaware of how to access these groups.
How we can help
Our advice service is completely free, and we can help you with a wide range of issues, including:
- Employment / Self-employment
- Consumer issues
- Family and relationships (including divorce or separation)
- Money and Debt
- Utilities (energy and water)
- Social isolation
Whether you access the Connect for Health service directly or are referred to us by a health/social care provider or a local public/voluntary sector organisation, you will be assigned to a trained Connect for Health Adviser who can help you by:
- Contacting you to arrange an initial appointment in which you will have dedicated time to talk to them on a confidential basis.
- Working with you to identify the problems you’re facing and establish what is important and matters most to you.
- Supporting and guiding you to develop a personalised plan to find the solutions that are right for you.
- Arranging follow-up appointments as and when they are required to discuss progress and identify where additional support and guidance may be required.
The solutions that are identified may range from helping you to access a variety of national, local, or community services; writing letters; assisting with phone calls; connecting you to specialist help; or introducing you to community groups, clubs, or projects that are of interest to you.
How to contact us:
To refer yourself: Complete our online referral form which will be submitted to our Connect for Health team, and you will be placed in contact with your Connect for Health Adviser.
Alternatively, you can ask your GP surgery to refer you. In many cases, your clinician may suggest an appointment with one of our advisers.
For third-party referrals: If you are a health, social care, or other professional contacting us on someone else’s behalf, please complete our third-party referral form.
Connect for Health Team: 01473 298 637
Our lines are open between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Outside of these times a voicemail facility is available, and we aim to respond to messages within 3 working days.