Benefits Advice Team
It can be difficult to understand what benefits you’re entitled to,
how to claim them, and what to do if your benefits are stopped.
We’re here to offer support and guidance to everyone who needs
more information about benefits.
How we can help
We can help you by:
- Giving you information about how to claim.
- Informing you about how you’ll receive your benefit payments and advising you what to do if you have any problems getting them.
- Challenging and appealing decisions.
There is a wide range of people who may be entitled to benefits. Here are some of the groups of people who might be eligible for extra support:
- People in employment or unemployed people
- Those experiencing illness or people with disabilities
- Young people and children
- Older people
- People on a low income
- Veterans and Armed Forces
There are several different types of benefits and other forms of support you could receive such as:
- Universal Credit
- Personal Independence Payment
- Employment and Support allowance
- Council Tax Reduction
- Attendance Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Carers Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
You might be entitled to other kinds of financial support as well.
Whatever you need to know about benefits, we’re here to offer you free, impartial, and confidential advice.
How to contact us:
Please use the details on our ‘Contact Us’ page to speak to our Generalist Advice team first – they’ll assess your situation and can make a referral for you to our team if you need specialist advice.